A1 Football Factory future plans with A1 Performance
Now one of Pontefract’s favourite attractions and go-to places, it feels a lot longer than three years since professional footballer Paul Green teamed up with a couple of Pontefract mates to kick off A1 Football Factory! Despite challenges and setbacks the three local lads have worked their socks off to make their dream come true.
Following sacrifices and lots of hard work that roped in family, friends, and an ever-growing staff team, they created a great facility for all of us, which they (and we) are justifiably proud of.
Goals hit in Three Short Years
It all started with a state of the art football centre, a 52,000 square foot facility with the latest 3G football pitches. On these advanced artificial grass pitches, everyone gets to play football or rugby on a professional surface. Following over 450 professional football matches, Paul Green knows how important the pitch is.
But A1 Football Factory is much more than that. A cafe and bar area was soon added, giving players and spectators somewhere to relax and socialise before and after games, or even just to catch up with friends and watch sport!
Shortly after, they added the A1 Funhouse, open 7 days a week for kids aged up to 12. This indoor adventure play area is safe, secure, and stimulating, and there’s always something going on. Super heroes pop in and cartoon characters show their faces, all adding to the fun. Special toddler events are a regular feature, and it’s a great place for a birthday party.
Building success on success, it wasn’t long before a marquee area appeared. Now there’s also somewhere for special events and functions, weddings and parties. As well as entertainment evenings with local artists and bands.
Speaking with Paul, Simon and Phil though it is apparent how important the local community is to them, and giving back to society is at the heart of everything they do. From this they launched the A1 Football Community Trust! The A1 team support many local charities holding many tournaments and family days to raise funds for great causes. Well done guys!
Even Bigger Plans for the Future
The guys obviously have a recipe for success, and the grass won’t grow under Football Factory’s feet, as the local lads are now developing a brand-new fitness centre, A1 Performance!
Introducing A1 Performance
The A1 Football Community Trust plans to be here for a long time, and has very exciting developments in the pipeline with A1 Performance:
- A 4500 square foot, functional gym area at the A1 Football Factory, Knottingley.
- New fitness classes including Spinning, Insanity, Zumba and more in the new, purpose-built, strength and conditioning space.
- Working in conjunction with @uniquefitness7 (Bolton), and former Leeds United, Portsmouth and Blackpool, professional footballer, David Norris, a level 3 qualified personal trainer.
- Run and managed by Andy Phillips, who is a fully qualified coach, CrossFit qualified, and who currently competes on an international level in powerlifting. Andy has worked all over the world on a freelance basis for some multinational companies. He specialises in Functional Training and plans to create a unique community gym specialising in functional movement and sport-specific training for teams and individuals.
- Programmes Designed to Make Everyone Welcome.
- Programmes Tailored for All Levels of Fitness. Committed coaches will scale programs and modify movements to suit everyone’s needs, even those who struggle with historic injuries and recurring problems.
Not just for adults, A1 Performance plans to achieve outstanding results by putting an emphasis on A1 Kids. They are not planning a scaled-down version of adult sessions, either, but are instead designing a whole program that’s geared just for kids.
The aim is to make children faster, stronger and fitter in a fun way so they’re motivated to carry on. It promises to be the perfect antidote to our common problems today that revolve around inactivity and obesity in children.
Free Opening Sessions at A1 Performance
They are currently looking at a mid-March opening, and will offer free sessions to all current customers and members, including individuals and team training sessions.
We’re proud to support A1 Football Factory and the new A1 Performance, and wish them all the luck in the world with their exciting new plans for the health and fitness of everyone in our community.